I was torned between getting an Indian Visa in Phnom Penh or Bangkok, but since I was in Cambodia already I’ve decided to just get it here. I started reading forums and just went ahead and went for it.I was pretty surprised on how straightforward and easy the process is.
Here’s a step by step guide on How to Get an Indian Visa in Phnom Penh:
1. Fill up the Online Visa Applications Form
2. After you submitted the online application, save your copy and have it printed. Take note of your schedule as well.
3. Photocopy your Cambodian Visa (required) and if you’re aiming to get the 6 months visa, prepare your itinerary and print it out as well. The itinerary is not really required but it justifies your need to get the 6 months visa and to avoid losing much time justifying it in front of the consul. Paste a 2X2 picture as well (light background) on your application form.
4. Go to the Indian Embassy on your scheduled date of visit (you get this after you submit your online application). The embassy accepts visa application between 9AM-11AM.
Here’s the address:
5. You have to pay for the Visa Fee amounting to $40 and $17 processing fee total of $57). Be sure to go there with the exact amount. Click here to see the Visa Fee.
6. You’ll have to leave your passport and you’d be ask to return 3 to 4 days after to pick up your passport with the Indian Visa. They’ll give you a printed receipt with your passport details and name on it. So be sure not to lose this receipt.
7. Check your Visa details before you leave, make sure that the details are correct especially the spelling of your name and the dates.
That’s it! Ain’t it simple.
Make sure to check the Indian Embassy’s website to keep yourself updated with possible changes with their policies.