Partying on the beach seems to be one of the most popular activities for weekend warriors, holiday makers and backpackers alike. Lots of people love having a nice dinner while watching the sunset, sipping on cocktails, dancing and having a great time for the rest of the night. Most usually ends up with a grand time, a lot ends up not remembering a thing or two and then there’s a few who ends up regretting it due to some “awkward or compromising” situations that could have been avoided in the first place.
Before you book your flights to Ibiza, Koh Phangan or Bali, here are some tips that will make sure that you have a worry free beach party holiday.
1. Don’t drink and drive: You often hear this warning and we do seldom follow it. I’ve seen so many guys in Koh Phangan with bandages on their arms, legs and sometimes on their heads because of motorcycle accidents. They’re lucky though that they’re still alive. Driving drunk on the winding roads of some island spells disaster.
2. Keep your valuables safe: Theft is a common nuisance in some party islands but it’s not the only reason why travellers lose their valuables. I personally have forgotten some valuable items in a bar or in some other place especially when I’m drunk. Mobile phones, cameras, wallets are probably the most common stuff left behind by their drunk owners. Bring a small bag with you so you could put them all in one place. And avoid leaving them on your tables as well.
3. Avoid party pills, drugs and other illegal substances: Possession and usage is illegal in most countries and I think I don’t need to elaborate more on this.
4. Practice safe sex: Keep yourself protected from the possibility of contracting sexually transmitted disease or unwanted pregnancy by using condoms.
5. Keep a Positive Attitude: At the end of the day, a great party starts and ends with a great attitude. You could go to the trendiest bar but might not enjoy it if you don’t loosen up and let go of the small hassles that you might encounter along the way.
Pic by joestump